Funchal Town Hall
This impressive building was one of the residential palaces of the Albuquerque Carvalhal Esmeraldo family until the first quarter of the 19th century. In 1820, it was rented to the wine export company «Blackburns & Company», and in 1868 to the town hall of Funchal, that purchased it in August 1883.
The palace interiors are decorated with magnificent antiques that span 500 years. The portraits of the Portuguese kings from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, and a set city-related oil paintings and lithographs stand out.Funchal